Block-I: Sino Sindh Resources Ltd.(SSRL) .
Open-pit Coal Mining – 7.8 mtpa
2 x 660 MW Power Plants
Project Cost (Mine): US$ 1.17 bn (Planned)
Project Cost (Power): US$ 1.9 bn (Planned)
- SSRL and Shanghai Electric Group Co. Ltd (SEC) have signed a Coal Supply Agreement for power generation through 2 x 660MW mine mouth power plants.
- Mining lease was granted on 24.05.2012.
- Feasibility and Contract Stages Tariff approved by the Board in January 2017 and December 2019 respectively.
- Financial Close has achieved on 31st December, 2019 and SSRL claims to achieve COD by 2021.
- Over burden / waste removal commenced in February 2019.
- 75% : 25% Debt-Equity ratio.
- Wholly foreign funded Project.